Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I got to see Les Miserables!!!!!

Brad took me to see "Les Miserables" on Oct. 11th!!!! The Arkansas Reperatory Theater (http://www.therep.org/) was showing it, and my wonderful hubby knew I would love to see it. We managed to buy 2 of the last 40 tickets sold, numbers 37 & 38 to be exact. Whew!

It was just amazing! I have the original Broadway cast soundtrack, and I've seen the 10th Anniversary Concert, but you really do miss a lot of action between all the songs. The Rep has a rotating stage, and boy did they put that to use. The acting was wonderful. The orchestra just grand. The singing was just plain awesome. The Rep is a small theater, so you really do get to see all the action on stage upclose and personal.

Of course, no cameras were allowed, so no pictures to scrap. We did bring home a program, though. So I'll have to get real creative when I get around to scrapping this!

Elizabeth asked what the saddest part was. Well, considering all of the main characters die, it's got lots of sad parts. She asked if she could go, but I simply told her that Les Mis. just isn't for kids.

Now, the movie "The Tale of Desperaux" which hits theaters in December....that's a different story. "The Tale of Desperaux" is Elizabeth's favorite book and when she heard it's being made into a movie, she was practically begging to go. My response? "I don't know, we'll have to see." hehehehe Little does she know that we plan on getting her tickets for Christmas. Sounds like a great day for a girls' day out, to me. Shhhh!!! Don't tell, it's a secret!

2 comments:

foo said...

Love it! I actually saw it on Broadway with free tickets from the Navy when I was stationed in New Jersey. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually fell asleep. Not because it was boring but because it was dark in there, warm, and past 10. I'm such a loser...

As for Tales of Desperaux, I'm wondering how that went. We too read the book, but the reviews I read said it was a bit scary and not much like the book. Prob. okay for my E but not so much for the little ones. Was it okay for a 9,6,& 3 yr. old?

This is fun, so glad to be able to reconnect and share family rearing stories. But, ah-hmm I noticed your latest post was October???????;)

Deb said...

They did the usual 'creative license' on Tale of Desperaux movie. Elizabeth and I both liked the movie and enjoyed it, but I like the book a lot better. I think it would definately be okay for a 9 year old, and probably okay for a 6 yr old. Not so sure about the 3 yr old. If he's inquisitive and curious, he'll probably ask questions all through the movie.

What, I'm supposed to post to the blog more often than every blue moon? LOL