Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year.....New Goals?

I don't know about you, but we had a marvelous Christmas. It was our first Christmas with Nikkie in the family. I really was expecting her to try to eat all the ornaments she could, or try to eat the tree, but she was a super good girl and left them all alone. Digit was a completely different story! You would have thought the decorated tree was his personal toy! But at least he didn't get in the tree this year, so maybe there really is progress with him.

Shhh....but I still have all the Christmas stuff up! Unfortunately, I can't leave it all up all year. So alas, it must come down and be put away. It doesn't mean I can't listen to Christmas music all year though! I've never done that before, but I may do that this year. Brad got me Mandesa's Christmas album as a stocking stuffer, and I'm really liking it. Liking it enough that I could cheerfully listen to Christmas music all year long this year!

I refuse to make New Year's Resolutions. Nope, not going to do it. I will, however, set some realistic "goals". But are "goals" the same as "resolutions"?? If so, don't tell me, just let me live in oblivion. So what are my "goals" this year?

  • Scrap more! In the past, I've set goals of "X layouts a week", but not this year. Life gets too crazy, and some weeks I just can't get to my scrapbooking. But I definately want to scrap more this year.
  • Finish at least 1 project that I already have started. I have UFO's floating around my house, did you know that? Not alien UFO's, Un-Finished Objects.....UFO's. A quilt top I started in college, at least 2 cross-stitch projects, and that's just the ones I can think of right now. So this year, another goal is to finish at least 1 of these UFO's.
  • Excercise more. Oh boy, is that needed! But going to Karate for Christ at church will take care of that, our instructor will make sure of that. LOL It's actually fun, too. And I can take it at my pace. The week's that my asthma is flaring up, I can take it as easy as I need to. And in the process, I'm learning to defend myself.

And I think that's it for this year. Some easily reached goals for me. Cautious? Maybe. Chicken? Probably. :-)

1 comment:

foo said...

Ahh, a new post right after I griped about you not posting. He he he.

Not a resolution person either and my Christmas decorations are still up as well.

My husband is a brown belt in karate and seriously considering opening his own school one day. He also started ju-jitsu last summer and likes it even more. I however dread the bruises, broken toes, and bloody noses that come with the ju-jitsu.

I myself took karate for about 6 mos. three years ago. It is good exercise both physical and mental!