Sunday, September 14, 2008

Found a new toy!

I found a new toy to use with my stamping. It's called "Glimmer Mist", made by Tattered Angels. I went on a hunt the other day for 1 thing, and ended up at one of the local scrapbook stores, only to find out they didn't have what I was looking for. And since I feel it's my duty to help support my local scrapbook stores, I just HAD to look around. Plus, they had just moved to a new location and I hadn't been in the store for a few months. It wasn't too long before I spotted these small, 2 oz, spray bottles in various colors.

"Glimmer Mist" it said on the bottles. "What's this?" I asked. Come to find out, Glimmer Mist is a spray containing a pigment. They have a pearly, shiny, sparkly, look to them. Would you believe me if I said the gal made me buy 2 bottles? Ok, so she didn't but I really did buy 2 bottles. "Winter Pine" & "Coffee Shop" are now added to my new toys.

I played with them Friday night, and here's what I created.


I used the Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist on one of the flowers from Stampin' Up!'s "Pretties Kit". It didn't take much of the Glimmer Mist to create the pretty brown flower! It really does have a pearly shiny look, but that doesn't really show in the scanned image. :-( The red flower was made using another flower from the Pretties Kit and dyeing it using Riding Hood Red Classic reinker (one of Stampin' Up!'s NEW In Colors).

I'm looking forward to playing some more with my two Glimmer Mist colors. According to the Tattered Angels website (http://www.mytatteredangels.com/), they have 52 different colors. I know the scrapbook store didn't have all 52 colors the other day, and that's probably a good thing...at least for my checkbook! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love glimmer mist! I guess I've been falling down on my enalbling, LOL! The card looks beautiful. I'm about to go and post September CCCs on my blog!